To achieve this, the Foundation promotes healthcare projects, helping people from developing countries to access high-quality cardiac surgery, awareness-raising projects for women with the aim of promoting the prevention of cardiovascular diseases and training programmes for healthcare professionals.
Dr. Xavier Ruyra
President and Founder of CardioDreams Foundation
Dr. Ruyra is:
- Doctor specialized in Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Head of the Cardiac Surgery Service of the Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol and of the Hospital Josep Trueta in Girona.
- Director of the cardiac surgery programme CM Teknon-CCV Sant Jordi of the Quirónsalud group.
- Head of the Vida al Cor Unit of CM Quirón-Teknon.
- Director of the Cardiovascular Institute CM TEKNON. Barcelona.
- European Board of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (2001).
- Member of the Spanish Society of Cardiac Surgery. Member of the European Board of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery and of the European Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
- Lecturer in Surgery UAB.
- Several patents in the field of cardiac surgery. Member of the Catalan Transplant Organization (OCATT).
- Consultant and advisor. Numerous presentations at congresses and publications in specialized journals.
The CardioDreams cardiac surgery team is the leader in surgical treatment of cardiovascular diseases, for which it uses the most innovative techniques.
Over 8,000 heart surgeries with very satisfactory results endorse its experience and knowledge.
- Accreditation Joint Commission International (USA).
- Accreditation of acute hospital care centres of the Generalitat (autonomous government) of Catalonia (excellence model of the EFQM, European Foundation for Quality Management).